Dead End Beach Cache

Dead End Beach cache



The Oldest Island Boy and I searched for this one by ourselves today and we were the First To Find! Yeaaa!

It was logged as a grab and go but there was no grabbin and goin for us.

The map showed it as being at the end of old 98 by Henderson Bed and Breakfast so I drove down there.

Sure enough the road ends in a nice little cul-de-sac with bushes all the way around it. Behind the bushes is the fence for Henderson Beach State Park and there is a fence and hedges between the road and the beach.

We parked and got out – absolutely no Muggles around and started our search.

The GPS kept indicating that I needed to be on the other side of the fence inside the state park.

I walked all over the cul-de-sac and still the GPS indicated I was on the wrong side of the fence.

So I decided we needed to go to the park and off we went.

Once inside we drove down through the campground thinking that maybe there was a path to the fence but no such luck.

Then we drove down to the beach and realized that it was going to be almost a 2 mile walk back down to the cul-de-sac.

This being a grab and go ruled out a 2 mile walk down the beach so we drove back to the dead end.

Still the GPS put me on the other side of the fence.

This time we drove a little way down 98 and found a public access and parked. As we were walking down the beach access we saw a flower arbor set up at the end of the walk and the sand around it piled into a walkway from the access to the arbor.

The Oldest asked what the arbor was for and I told him that people used them for weddings and having their pictures made and that maybe someone had gotten married that day.

He and I had a nice walk on the beach and we saw the Fire Dept Beach Safety guys doing a training mission and we both agreed it was TOO cold to be in the water.

When we got to the spot where the cul-de-sac was there was a dune restoration project going on and the dunes were roped off and we couldn’t get anywhere near the road.

The GPS was SO far off now that I knew it had to be on the inside of that cul-de-sac so we turned around and headed back to our car.

When we got back to the beach access there was a wedding taking place under the arbor.



The Oldest thought it was very romantic that they were getting married on Valentine’s Day.

After we got back in the car I drove back to the cul-de-sac and parked.

I followed the GPS as far as I could and ended up at the corner of the fence between the beach and the state park.

I told the Oldest that we just needed to start looking for it like an Easter Egg.

I was standing in the corner when I saw it laying on the ground at the corner of the fence.

He said "Wow Mom we’re going to start calling you Eagle Eye!"

No-one else had found it yet (maybe because the coordinates are so off???) so we got the First To Find.



He took some star stickers and we left a pair of Christmas earrings.

We Signed the log with a Yeaa! First To Find!

We had a really nice time together so this was a great hunt - even if it took over an hour to find a Grab-n-Go.

Labels: