Rainy Days

I absolutely love waking up to the sound of rain hitting my window. There's something about the fact that it's wet outside but dry and cozy here inside that makes me burrow under the covers, snuggle into my pillow and really appreciate all of my blessings. And then the alarm goes off and out from under the covers I come - looking for coffee and preparing myself for whatever the day has in store for me. Lucky for me (and my yard) today is one of those days. And it's the right kind of rain too, no loud thunder or gusting wind, just a dark sky and a strong, steady rain. The amazing thing is that today the planets all seemed to be aligned and I actually get to do what I love to do on rainy days - stay home! I had to take my youngest son to school this morning but his school is only 3 blocks from our house and I didn't have to get out of the car so that quick dash out into the rain just makes me appreciate not having to get back out in it even more. So today the oldest Island Boy and I will spend a good part of the day curled up on the couch reading books and writing stories - my favorite things about homeschooling. Throw in a nap and this will be the perfect day.

Labels: