Sneezing, Wheezing and Coughing

We've got the crud. The Youngest Island Boy came home from school on Wednesday not feeling well and by Wednesday night he was coughing and sneezing and saying his chest hurt. He started wheezing so out came the nebulizer and I gave him breathing treatments every couple of hours. He spent Thursday and Friday watching movies on the couch, coughing, taking his breathing treatments and just generally feeling bad. By Saturday I was sick. The house was a wreck and I managed to get it cleaned up and the laundry done but by the end of the day I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. I don't know what it is about being sick that makes me determined to get my house clean. Most people rest when they're sick but not me. The sicker I am - the more I want my house clean. I think I have a subconscious fear that I'll die and my house will be a mess and then everyone will say "Wow, I had no idea that she was such a slob!" LOL Sunday morning rolled around and I was reading the paper, feeling like death warmed over and trying to decide if I could make it to church when I heard coughing coming from the Island Girl's room. She came out for a glass of water and said she felt awful. The Youngest Island Boy showed up a few minutes later saying he couldn't breathe and needed a breathing treatment. That pretty much closed the door on going anywhere. I hate to miss church but I also didn't want to take my coughing, sneezing, wheezing family to a church filled with people and then spew crud germs everywhere. I believe in sharing but that's going a little too far LOL So we curled up on the couch and rested for most of the day. Late in the afternoon the Island King got our Halloween decorations down from the attic and we got a little decorating done. I wanted to do a little more but felt so bad that I decided that what we had would work. I may add some things in the yard tomorrow if I feel better.
I still have to make the Island Girl's costume and bake our traditional Halloween cake so hopefully I will feel better soon. The Island Girl and the Youngest Island Boy have school field trips today but the Island Girl feels awful and has decided to stay home instead. I feel bad that she's missing it but I was scheduled to go with her and I still feel terrible too so her staying home is actually a blessing for me. The Island King is going with the Youngest Island Boy on his field trip so the Oldest Island Boy - who's the only one not sick - and the Island Girl and I will spend the day reading, doing our homeschool work and resting. Hopefully the Island King and the Oldest Island Boy will stay well. It will be amazing if they do though because we are sneezing and coughing like you wouldn't believe. I'm behind with work so I'll be spending some time at the computer today as well but at least I don't have to go anywhere and can rest if I need to. That's definitely the biggest advantage of being self employed LOL

Labels: