Got Life Insurance?

The other night the Oldest Island Boy was in the kitchen while I was cooking dinner and a commercial for life insurance came on the tv. He asked me what "Final Expenses" were and I explained a little to him about burial costs. He listened carefully and then told me that it didn't seem fair for people to have to pay to bury themselves. I told him that someone had to pay for the things needed to be buried and he said "But if your dead how can they send you a bill?" I told him that your family has to pay the bill. He thought about that for a minute and then said "Well that really stinks - your dead and you still have bills to pay" LOL He wandered off and then came back a few minutes later and asked if I have life insurance. I told him yes and he said "Well that's good - I don't want to have to pay your bills after you die - but I decided that if you don't have insurance I will just bury you in the back yard so it won't cost so much" Thanks son. And if I didn't have life insurance I would be buying some today because I really don't want to end up in a shoe box in the backyard next to the hamster LOL

Labels: