It's Too Cold

It has been SO cold this weekend. It's been very cloudy and overcast the past few days and then it started raining yesterday afternoon and didn't stop until the next evening. Today was a beautiful sunny day but it never got above 40 and let me tell you the 30's are just too cold for us beach folks LOL We've stayed inside all weekend and even the Island Boys who are usually pretty die-hard when it comes to playing outside haven't been able to stay out for longer than a few minutes at a time. It's in the 20s right now and during a quick trip to the store I thought I was going to freeze to death. I see where it's twice this cold up north but this is Florida for Pete's sake - it's not supposed to get that cold here. The Island Girl asked me earlier how people up north survive the winter and I told her that they must have much warmer clothes than we do LOL We each have a heavy coat and a pair of gloves but that's the extent of our cold weather clothes. The Island King tried to buy long johns at the store yesterday but they don't carry them LOL It's supposed to warm up a little next week so maybe we can make it to the mailbox without getting frost bit. I sure will be glad when summer gets here - I'm ready for long hot days on the beach!

Labels: