A Little Sad Today

It's the first day back to school for the Island Kids and I'm kind of sad about it. This was by far one of the best holidays we've had in years and I really don't want it to end. I started taking our decorations down yesterday and only got half way finished because I just couldn't get motivated. That's not unusual since I have a LOT of Christmas stuff and putting it away and restoring the house to normal takes at least a day and a half but since I'm in a "I don't want this to end" mood I had a hard time making myself put everything back in order. And I really don't want the kids to go back to school today. I was enjoying all of our time together and I want it to go on and on LOL I only homeschool the Oldest Island Boy and even though I've considered homeschool for the Island Girl and the Youngest Island Boy they are really thriving in the schools they're in and I know pulling them out would not be the best decision. So this morning I got them dressed and off to school and in a few minutes the Oldest Island Boy and I will start our school day but I am already missing them and wishing for days filled with cookie baking and holiday fun. It's kind of funny because there have been other holidays when I couldn't wait for them to get back to school LOL And I really am excited and optomistic about this new year but I wish we could stay suspended in December for at least a few more weeks. But since we can't and it is Monday morning and I have a long list of things to accomplish today I guess I need to get busy. I hope everyone out there has a wonderful first Monday of 2008!

Labels: