Re-Inspired

I went to bed last night feeling quite overwhelmed with my life. Homeschooling my oldest son, 2 part time jobs, taking care of 3 kids, completely renovating our house and SO many other things. In fact yesterday I just gave up, curled up on the couch with a new cross stitching project and pretended the world had stopped for the day. It was wonderfully relaxing but other than making a little progress on the cross stitching I didn't actually accomplish anything. And then this morning I saw Dawn's Blog and inspiration came flooding back. I read her post on The Loveliness of Planning and then followed some of the links in her post to other blogs and I realized that I am not alone. I am not the only one with a messy house and a To Do List a mile long and it comforts me to know that there are others like me LOL I found a lot of good ideas and plans and I realized that I can indeed accomplish the things that I need and want to do. I know that the biggest problem that I have is wanting to get it all done RIGHT NOW. One of my faults has always been that I am an instant gratification kind of girl. I want what I want and I want it right now. I have decided that my goal for this year will be to learn to be patient. I can accomplish a little more everyday and slowly but surely it will all get done. I've always been a planner and I am a devout list maker but I am realizing that I put too many things on my list each day. There is absolutely no way I can have school with my son, do the laundry, spend time with all 3 of my kids, paint the living room, cook dinner, straighten the house and go to the office to work for 4 hours all in one day. That's insane and it sets me up for failure every time. So today I am going to devote some serious time to making a workable plan. I've got Dawn's tips and planner in hand and I will customize my plan in a way that sets me up for success. I feel inspired and ready to create a plan that will work. So I'm off to revamp my daily planner - thanks Dawn, your blog has inspired me and I know that instead of failure I can find loveliness in planning!

Labels: