I'm Back Among The Living

I am finally back to blogging and am feeling much better. Last week I caught a horrible cold which really put me down for a couple of days. I felt much better around the end of the week but then woke up Saturday morning feeling worse. I was sick for another few days and then of course had to spend a couple of days catching up on all that fell behind while I was sick. Last Thursday was our anniversary and I didn't feel that great but the Island King offered to take me out to dinner and since he's kind of cheap and never wants to eat out I jumped at the chance. We ate at a really nice restaurant here in town that we love but it's pretty expensive so we don't go very often (maybe once a year) We had a good time but I really was feeling lousy so we were back home by 9:30. It was a nice dinner though and would have been very romantic if I weren't sneezing, wheezing and coughing most of the evening. While we were sitting at the table the Island King said "You look just as pretty as you did the day I met you - well, except when I met you your nose wasn't red and your makeup wasn't smeared from sneezing" LOL I would have laughed harder but the coughing fit I had stopped me. We've been married for 15 years and we lived together for 6 years before we married so we've been together for 21 years now. He bought me 15 red roses to celebrate our married years and 6 orchids to celebrate the years we lived together so I have the most beautiful flowers sitting on my desk. He also bought me a very nice card and made a point of telling me that he actually read the words instead of just looking at the picture on the front LOL


I was sick on Mother's Day as well so him and the kids spent the day working on a tree house in the backyard. They were all so sweet, coming in to check on me and making sure I didn't need anything. I spent the day watching tv and napping and then the Island King cooked a nice dinner for me. Don't tell him this but while the steak he grilled looked great I couldn't taste a thing.


So I'm finally over the crud and have been running around like crazy trying to catch up on all that I didn't do for a week. I made curtains for the boy's bedroom yesterday. I'll post a picture today when I hang them. I've never made curtains before and they look ok but they definitely don't look as good as I thought they would LOL

Labels: