Turtle Rescue

We love turtles. All shapes and kinds of turtles. Our whole family is fascinated with them. The kids have wanted pet turtles for ages but I did some research and found this and that ended any possiblity of them having turtles for pets. But that hasn't ended our love affair with them. And because we love them we are unable to pass a turtle in the road without stopping and moving it out of the road.

We drove up on this box turtle the other afternoon. The Island King picked it up and brought it to the sidewalk where the Oldest Island Boy and I were standing.
And of course we had to take it's picture

He stuck his head out and looked right at me And then he headed off towards the empty lot we were standing next to



Another turtle rescue complete

While we were standing on the sidewalk I noticed the Oldest Island Boy eyeing a large dirt mound in the empty lot next to us. Before he could say anything I said "No, don't run up that hill" The Island King grinned, said "Son, sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do", grabbed the boy's hand and took off running up the hill. They're yelling "We're King of the hill!" at the top of their lungs.

And then the Oldest says "She's gonna kill us, isn't she?"
I swear some days I have 4 kids instead of 3 LOL

Labels: