I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged for an 8 Things About Me meme by Audie over at Learning to Be a P31 Woman. According to the rules I am supposed to share 8 things about myself and then pass this along to someone else.
Alright, here it goes...

1. I am a night owl. I'm more creative and productive in the middle of the night than I am in the middle of the day. I prefer to go to bed between 3am and 4am and get up around 11. Unfortunately I have a teenager in high school so I have to get up at 5am each morning - which means I am usually in bed by at least midnight.

2. I LOVE afternoon naps. This is probably directly related to #1.

3. I am and have been addicted to General Hospital for over 20 years. I Tivo it each day and then watch it every night. The kids laugh at me because I fast forward through a lot of it and end up only spending about 15 minutes actually watching the show. But the 15 minutes I watch I really enjoy.

4. I am also addicted to the weather. I check our local radar several times each day and for some odd reason it's really important for me to know if it's going to rain or not. Hurricane season is worse and I am glued to the tropical weather reports all the way through the season.

5. I HATE to talk on the telephone. I try and avoid using the phone as much as possible and would much rather communicate via email. I don't like to chit-chat so if I have a call to make I want to get what needs to be said over as quickly as possible and then hang up.

6. I'm allergic to Nectarines but not Peaches - which is odd since they are basically the same thing. I can eat peaches all day long but even half of a nectarine will cause me to break out in hives.

7. I love to cross stitch and crochet and could spend hours stitching away.

And last but not least...

8. I get really stressed over parking my car. I can never remember where I've parked and I used to spend a lot of time wandering parking lots looking for it. In the past several years I have tried to eliminate that problem by always parking in about the same place each time I go somewhere. I have a "designated" row at the grocery store, church, the kid's schools or anywhere else I go on a regular basis. I get a little stressed out when we go somewhere new and I have to park in an unfamiliar place. My family think I'm nuts and my parking habits always cause them to laugh pretty hard when I'm driving around looking for a parking spot that I'll be able to find when I come out LOL

So there you have it. 8 things about me. Yes, I'm odd and No, you probably won't meet anyone else like me but I'm me and while I may be a bit strange, I'm never boring LOL

Labels: