The Snowbirds Have Arrived

Ok, I just can’t keep my mouth shut any longer. My mother always taught me to respect my elders, be especially kind to them and to help them as often as possible BUT I can’t take it any more and now that the Snowbirds have arrived there are 2 things I want to know.

1. What are Snowbirds so pissed off about? And I’m not just basing this question on a few people, I’m talking about ALL of them. And I’m not the only one who’s noticed it - it’s the talk of the town every year when they invade.

You’d think they’d be doing the Hoop-da- lang dance, ecstatic to be financially able to escape harsh winter weather and move here to paradise for the season.

2. Do none of these people have any manners? What happened to being polite, waiting your turn and a smile on occasion?

I am so sick of being intentionally elbowed, snarled at and hit with shopping cart buggies. I have been elbowed out of the way too many times to count and there have been several occasions when only the fact that the person doing the elbowing was over 80 kept me from elbowing right back.

And frankly, as a woman I find it shocking when a man lets a door slam in my face. Especially an older man. Never in a million years would an old man from around here let a door slam in a woman’s face - yet those Snowbirds seem to do it intentionally.

What in the hell is wrong with these people?

I realize that some may find this post offensive and I’m sorry about that but if you’ve ever spent any time around the Snowbird crowd, you know I’m right.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said
“If it’s Snowbird season - why can’t I shoot one?”

I’m going to get me one of those!

Labels: