Back Among The Living

I can't believe it's Thursday already! We've spent this week curled up on the couch with a major stomach ache. I mean a MAJOR stomach ache.

It started on Monday with the Youngest Island Boy. He woke up Monday morning running a fever and crying with his stomach. I gave him some Tylenol and he spent the day laying on the couch, holding his stomach.

Tuesday came and from the moment I opened my eyes I knew things were not good. My stomach felt like a herd of elephants were jumping all over it and I had that achy, I've got a fever, feeling. The Youngest no longer had fever but his stomach still hurt and he snuggled up next to me on the couch and didn't move all day.

It was a miserable day. I don't think I've ever had a stomach ache as bad as this one. No vomiting or diarrhea, just elephants jumping up and down all over my stomach.

By Wednesday, my fever was gone and my stomach hurt a little less but I still didn't feel good at all. The Youngest said he was better but I noticed that he didn't move far from the couch. I noticed that because I didn't go far either.

And of course Wednesday morning came and Island Girl woke up crying with fever and a stomach ache. I have to make my kids share toys but they share illness with no problem at all LOL

I feel much better this morning. Stomach ache is gone but I have that run over by a truck feeling and am moving a little slow. Island Girl went to school even though I'm sure she'd rather have spent today on the couch.

The Island King and the boys are still asleep and I'm not going to be surprised if the Oldest wakes up sick today. Like I said, sharing illness seems to be our specialty.

So I haven't accomplished much this week which means I've been looking at this all week.


Yep, that's right, it's the 8th of January and my Christmas tree is still up. I did take down the outside lights and decorations but inside it's still December 25th.

The odd thing is that the tree isn't bothering me. I like it. I don't want to put it away. It looks so pretty at night with the lights glowing softly and all of the ornaments shining. Usually I can't wait to put the Christmas decorations away and get things back to normal but this year I seem to be resisting.

I really should take it down soon, I'm only a few days away from becoming that crazy woman who leaves her Christmas decorations up all year.

Maybe I'll take it down today. Or, maybe not.

Labels: