Prayers Needed

The Island King's uncle is very sick. He was rushed to the hospital on Saturday with internal bleeding which led his doctors to determine that his kidneys and his liver are failing.

We went to see him right after church yesterday and ended up spending most of the day with him. He's in quite a bit of pain and he's scared. He knows that there isn't much that can be done for him.

It was so hard sitting with him, listening to him talk of all of the things he wishes he'd never done as well as the things he still wants to do - but knows he most likely won't be able to.

His doctors aren't very optimistic but think he may be able to move to a room on the floor tomorrow. The Island King and I were there when his doctor came in and the question "Will he be able to go home?" hung in the air like a giant white elephant.
It's something we all want to know yet none of us wanted to ask because we didn't want to hear the answer.

At one point he mentioned wanting a Popsicle and I jumped at the chance to go and get him some. I've never been good in hospitals and I really needed a minute to cry and then collect myself before I went back in. I think this is the first time in my life that I've ever wanted to go to Wal-Mart.

We stayed for a long time and then his nurse came in and gave him a shot of morphine, which made him sleepy. Right before he fell asleep we said goodbye and told him that we'll be back tomorrow.

He's been my friend for 20 years now and we've had our ups and downs but I've always considered him an important part of my life. He's all three of my children's Godfather and while I haven't always agreed with his choices I know that he's a good man.

So I'm asking you to say a prayer for him. Pray for comfort and peace and pray that he knows we love him.

Labels: