Tropical Storm Claudette

Surprise! I woke up this morning, opened the newspaper and what did I see?

This.


Good grief. Where did that come from?

When I went to bed last night I checked on Ana and on Bill. They're still out in the Atlantic and not something I have to worry about for a few days.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and saw that Tropical Storm Claudette will be paying us a visit THIS EVENING.

What?

An advantage of living in Hurricane Land instead of Tornado Alley is that we have time to decide if we want to participate in the storm or not. We have days to watch the storm and to prepare to either stay home and ride it out or to run like hell for high ground.

I have no problem admitting that I'm a runner for any storm Cat 3 or higher.

Fortunately this will only be a tropical storm but it sure did sneak up on us.

I guess we won't be going fishing tonight like we'd planned.

Talk about a Sunday morning surprise LOL

Labels: