Sunday With My Family

We spent Sunday afternoon at my parent's house. My sister came over by boat and it didn't take long before the kids decided that they wanted to go tubing.

The Island Girl wanted to go first so as soon as we got away from the beach she was off.


The Youngest Island Boy was up next. He was a little nervous but certainly wasn't going to let that stop him.

He's a lot lighter than his sister so he was bouncing around on that thing like a Mexican jumping bean.

My nephew wanted to go next but he wanted his mom to go too so she got on with him.


And then started channeling one of those showgirls from Cypress Gardens.


The Oldest Island Boy went next and he wanted to go as fast as possible.



After tubing for a while we stopped out in the Sound to swim.


The Island Girl thinks we're weird but we've always gone out away from the beach to swim. I told her that when I was a kid we had a houseboat and everyone always wanted to jump off the roof. Since you need to be in deep water to do that we always pulled away from the beach and out into deep water to swim. And the habit stuck.

We'd been out there a while when I looked up and saw Mom watching us.

Dinner must be ready.

Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, potato salad, baked beans and pie. It looked so good I thought about taking a picture but I was too hungry to go get the camera. You can trust me when I tell you that not only did it look good - it tasted good too.

Later on, we were getting ready to leave and as I watched my sister wade out to the boat I told my Dad that her ride home was going to be much more pleasant than mine. Cruising along the Intracoastal Waterway is always more fun than driving the mini-van down Hwy 98.


But then the boat wouldn't crank and she had to jump out and push it along so it wouldn't drift into the pilings from the old dock.


Maybe my ride home wouldn't be so bad. After all, I wouldn't have to push the van.

And just when we thought that she'd be pushing the boat all the way home, the motor fired and they were off.


Whew, that was close. Pushing the boat home wouldn't have been any fun at all LOL

It was a great day filled with family, good food and fun. The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Labels: