Thanksgiving Eve

It's the day before Thanksgiving - which is hands down one of my most favorite holidays.

I know most people don't celebrate Thanksgiving Eve but we do.

Each year on Thanksgiving Day we take turns going to either his mom's house or mine and we always have a good time but at the end of the day we don't have any leftovers.

Leftovers are mandatory eating for the weekend after.

So years ago I started making a complete Thanksgiving meal the day before just like I would if I were hosting. Then I put it all in the fridge and we start eating on it Thursday night or Friday.

And since I'm not hosting, I don't have to worry about the house being clean or where everyone will sit or table settings. No pressure, just cooking.

Which is where the fun comes in.

All 5 of us show up Wednesday afternoon and we put on good music and spend the afternoon and evening in the kitchen.

We laugh and talk and it really gives us time to realize all we have to be thankful for.

It's become a tradition and I LOVE it!

Labels: