To The Beach At Last

This winter has seemed like an eternity. It was much colder for much longer than normal and while we were stuck in the deep freeze all I thought about were warm days on the beach.

It's still not what I'd consider warm yet but thank God it's no longer cold.

This week was Spring Break for us and unlike last year we've had a week of clear skies, a lot of sunshine and nice warm temperatures.

It's been in the low 70's and even though it's still chilly when the wind blows the kids wanted to go to the beach.

I was more than ready for that - even if it is still a little on the cool side.

You'll have to forgive the really bad photos. I don't know what's wrong with my little point and shoot camera but the pictures get worse every time I use it.

Trust me when I tell you that it was a beautiful day.

Emerald green water, sugar white sand and clear blue skies.

It's moments like this that make living in a town swamped by tourists worth the while.

The water was ice cold so the boys played in the sand for a while.



I don't know why but the Youngest loves to be buried in the sand.

And then pop out like Carrie.


The water may have been cold but they couldn't resist and before long they were swimming.


Island Girl and I did not go swimming. It's still way too cold for us.


Hopefully, it won't be much longer before we can enjoy the beach without jackets on!

Labels: