He's Going Camping

Today is a big day for the Oldest Island Boy.



He's going camping with the Boy Scouts - without me or his dad.

It's an overnight trip and he was a little nervous about camping with the "big boy scouts" but he was really excited too.

He's sharing a tent with 2 of his good friends so knowing he'd be bunking with his buddies made things easier for him.

I, however, am having a little more trouble with this.

The Island King keeps telling me that it's time to start loosening the apron strings but that's a lot easier said than done.

I'm his mom and it's my job to worry about him.

I know he'll be fine and will have a really good time but there's still a part of me that wants to be stalker mom and go hide in the woods to watch over him.

But it's hot and he'd be embarrassed so I'm going to resist the urge.

I think.

Labels: