Meeting Friends

When I started this blog a few years ago I had no idea how many people I would meet.

I use the term meet loosely here because while I feel as if I've known my blogger friends for years I've never actually met any of them.

Until Saturday.

My friend Island Rider sent me an email last week telling me that she would be in Pensacola over the weekend and would like to drop by my parent's house and leave a gift she'd made for me.

Luckily, we were planning a cookout there on Saturday and I was really hoping they would be able to stop by.

Saturday came and while my sister and I were putting the finishing touches on dinner I told her how much I was looking forward to meeting Island Rider.

Not being a blogger, my sister said "Wait, how can you know this woman but never have met her?"

I explained a little about being blog buddies and that after a few years of reading posts and commenting back and forth you feel like you know someone.

A little while later we were out in the yard and guess who came walking around the corner?

Yes, indeed - it was Island Rider and her Beloved.

It was so nice to finally "meet" my friend.

We invited them to stay for dinner but they were on their way to meet their son and wouldn't be able to stay long.

We chatted for a bit and she gave me the most beautiful gift.



Her name is Hot Lips and I LOVE it!

Island Rider is so talented and I am thrilled to be the proud owner of a piece of her work.

I wish I'd thought to have the Island King take a picture of us but as usual that didn't occur to me until after they'd left.

They weren't able to stay long but I really enjoyed meeting them and hope we can get together again soon.

Labels: