Harry Potter

When the Harry Potter books started coming out the Island Girl was never that interested in them. She read one or two but just didn't seem to get into them like a lot of her friends.

But then she started watching the movies and it wasn't long before she was hooked.

And since Thursday night was the Midnight Premier of the newest movie all I heard was "Mom, can I PLEASE go?!"

She doesn't have school on Fridays so her Dad and I decided it would be ok to let our teenager go with her friends - at midnight - to see the movie.

When she started getting ready she told me she wished she could dress up but that she didn't have the right clothes.

Lucky for her - I did.


I wish you could have seen the look on the Island King's face when she walked into the room and asked him to tie her tie.

Not something he thought he'd ever hear from his daughter.

We asked Island Girl's friend why she wasn't wearing a tie and she said that Gloria Steinem said something years ago that made perfect sense to her...

"Why would you want to tie a noose around your neck?"

Ok - I can see that.

They cast a spell on us



And were off for their big adventure.

The next morning she told me how great the movie was and that everyone was dressed in costume.

She wants to go see it again and take the whole family.

That should be interesting.

Labels: