What I've Been Doing

I'm on a mission to declutter and reorganize my life.

And it's killing me!

Between doing what I have to do, what I want to do and then trying to completely reorganize my life I've been really busy lately.

And now it seems I'm developing some sort of mild ADD because there are piles everywhere and at any given time I'll switch gears and go from doing this to doing that in the blink of an eye.

One of the things I've done is transfer everything from a scrapbook I kept when we first started geocaching to this blog.

The scrap book was on a bottom shelf near my desk and I knocked a cup of coffee all over everything on that shelf - which led me to recreate that scrapbook here.

It's been funny reading our first caching logs. It took us numerous tries to find caches that today we'd drive right up to, grab, sign the log, and be gone in under 3 minutes.

It was also interesting to read our geocaching progression as we figured some basic things out.

Like...

You do not have to follow the GPS directly through the woods - you can follow the trail that eventually curves around and puts you where you need to be.

If you stand back from ground zero you can usually see a geo-trail in to where the cache is hidden. It's inevitable that when a number of people walk around the same place they will leave a path.

You can stare right at something for the longest time and never see it.

And of course the NUMBER 1 thing we've learned -

There's ALWAYS an easier way in.

So if you're interested in reading about our beginnner's bumbles they are now in the Geocaching Category - back in 2007.

I've been scanning old pictures onto my computer as well. I have some serious unorganized photographs all over my house. Some I have two and three copies of so I'm trying to get that under control.

Which means I've been finding pictures like this one of the Oldest Island Boy.



The Island King.



And this one of the Island King with the Island Girl.



I'm shocked when I see the dates on these photos - it just doesn't feel like that many years have gone by so fast.

So I'm flitting from pile to pile, taking "quick" excursions to find "just one quick cache" or "just wander through this old cemetery for a few minutes" - all the while homeschooling the boys and managing our business - which is busier than we've ever been.

I told the Island King that we need to hire some help around here. He asked what kind of help and I gave him the list.

We need a maid to clean the house, do the laundry and cook dinner.

We need a tutor to teach the kids.

We need an assistant for him to handle what I do in the business.

He looked at me for a minute and asked "And what would YOU be doing if we hired all of those people?"

I looked at him like he'd lost his mind and said "I'd be caching or wandering in the woods or hiking the Florida Trail or swimming or laying on the beach or fishing or taking a nap or reading a book." The list could go on for days.

He just smiled and told me that we weren't going to be hiring any of those people and I'm just going to have to continue on.

I was pretty sure that's what he was going to say.

Labels: