He's A Smart Boy

The Oldest Island Boy and I were talking the other night while I was cooking dinner and he was telling me the things he wants in a wife.

He rattled off a bunch of stuff and then said "Basically, I want someone just like you."

My heart swelled and I felt so proud.

Until he finished his sentence by saying "Except I want my wife to be hot."

Okay.

He saw the look on my face and immediately started trying to backtrack by saying "It's not that I don't think you're hot but I want a wife that's skinny and has big boobs."

I continued to say nothing and he babbled on "Not that you are fat - you're beautiful but you don't have big..."

And then he went silent.

I was looking at him and he was looking at me and he finally said "I'm going to shut up now because I'm just making things worse."

I couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing.

"It's ok Son, I know what you mean and I'm flattered that you would want to marry someone like me - but I'm more impressed with the fact that you realized shutting up was the best way to go in this situation."

And then he made the most brilliant statement any man could ever make.

"I need to learn not to say exactly what I'm thinking around girls - it could be a problem later on."

If he can remember that he'll do quite well with the ladies.

Labels: