More Complicated

We took the Youngest Island Boy to the doctor today and after he reviewed the X-rays he determined that the crack near the elbow has cracked the growth plate in his elbow and that has to be reset.

It's a non-invasive surgery but he has to be put under general anesthesia for the 10 to 15 minute process.

So, Thursday morning he's having surgery at the hospital.

When we got to his appointment I thought they were going to put his arm in a cast, take a shocking amount of our money and send us on our way.

I should have known that it's never that easy.

And the shocking amount of money I thought I'd be paying? That's only about a quarter of what I have to pay now.

He isn't upset or scared but he's extremely unhappy that he can't have anything to eat or drink when he wakes up Thursday morning.

He wants a red cast and he's lucky that he's not his brother because the Oldest pulls pranks on me ALL of the time and I'd be tempted to tell the doctor to put a nice pink cast on him.

But the Youngest isn't much of a prankster so he's getting a red one.

And I'm staying calm about the whole anesthesia thing - even though I'd like to freak out a little.

Instead, I'm chanting "All will be well."

Labels: