I Don't Get This One

I get Spam emails all day long. Most of them tell me I've won millions in some Nigerian lottery or a long lost relative has left me a fortune.

It's easy to see the catch - I send them my personal information and then they steal my idenitity, wipe out my bank account or both.

But I got this email yesterday and I still don't get it.


FREE HEROIN SHIPPING!

1. Heroin, in liquid and crystal form.
2. Rocket fuel and Tomohawk rockets (serious enquiries only).
4. New shipment of cocaine has arrived, buy 9 grams and get 10th for free.

Everebody welcome, but not US citizens, sorry.

ATTENTION. Clearance offer. Buy 30 grams of heroin, get 5 free.

Please contact: wlim@daedae.org

PHONE 0093(0)4765481
FAX 0093(0)4485291

Afghanistan


Obviously, these people are not going to send me herion, cocaine or Tomohawk rockets so I don't get the scam.

If I call the number will someone take my credit card number under the pretense of sending me the goods?

Does the DEA answer the phone, take your order and then show up at your door?

The scary thing is that there are probably people out there who would believe that you can order herion or rockets through an email and that it would actually show up in your mailbox.

I wanted to call the number just to see what happens but the Island King had a fit and says the last thing we need is to call them, putting our number in their database.

He's probably right.

Still, I'm curious - do people really believe this kind of stuff?

Labels: