Bellingrath Gardens Christmas Lights

Even though I'm not that far from Mobile, I've never been to Bellingrath Gardens.
I've heard many times what a beautiful home and garden it is and I've always wanted to go but just never made it over there.

Until now.

On Monday, my parents, the kids and I drove over to Mobile to visit with my Uncle and cousins.

And planned to go see the lights at the Gardens while we were there.

I looked at their website and knew we would be in for an amazing display of Christmas lights.

We visited with our family, had an early supper and off we went to see the lights.

We only had one small problem.

It was raining.

A light but constant rain with some pretty good showers coming in every 15 minutes or so.

But, we'd come a long way and weren't going to let rain stop our adventure.

Damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead! We were going in!



It was spectacular!!!



Acres of gardens decorated with lights of every kind.













They have a beautiful lake in the middle of the gardens that they call Mirror Lake. There were light displays in and around the water - which would have reflected beautifully if it hadn't been raining.









The path around the lake was filled with sea creatures.





I would have loved to have taken more pictures of that area but it was raining really hard at that point and I didn't want my camera to get too wet.

There were gingerbread girls and boys that the kids declared creepy but I thought they were really cute.





The house was open for touring but we decided to come back another day for that. According to my cousin, it's filled with the most beautiful antiques she's ever seen.



The only thing we didn't get to see was the nativity scene. It was near the end, raining really hard and my Mom, the Island Girl and the Oldest Island Boy had already abandoned us to wait in the cafe.

I wanted to see it but we were soaking wet and facing a 3 hour drive home so hurrying on to the cafe didn't sound like a bad idea.

We had a wonderful time, rain and all, and can't wait to come back in the Spring to tour the house and see the gardens in full bloom.

If you're ever in Mobile I would say that Bellingrath Gardens is a must see.

Labels: