A Saturday Paddle

After my Voyaged of the Damned was cancelled I couldn't resist the chance to do a little kayaking around my sister's house after my nephew's birthday party.

There is a geocache hidden on an island across from her house that is only accessible by boat and Saturday seemed like the perfect day to paddle over and find it.



It was in the low 60s and the sun was shining - an absolute perfect winter day.

My Dad and I took the yaks down to a landing just across from the island and off we went.







It was a nice paddle over, the wind was at our backs, the sun was warm and the water was beautiful.





The tide was out so as we got close to shore we bottomed out pretty quick.

Dad had on mud boots so he said he'd pull me in.



I offered to take off my shoes and socks and walk but he kept saying there was no point since he was wearing boots and his feet would be dry.



Bless his heart - he drug me and the yak all the way up to the beach and today I'm pretty sure his back is wishing he'd let me pull my own boat in lol

We poked around the brush and found the cache and then spent a few minutes wandering the island. All too soon, it was time to head back to the other side of the Intracoastal.



We had to do a little more paddling going against the wind but it wasn't bad and we were back at the landing in no time.

A beautiful day, a deserted island, time on the water - all reminders of why I love Florida so much!

Labels: