Can Brewing Coffee Be That Hard?

As unbelievable as this might sound, the Island King has a surprisingly high IQ and is actually a very intelligent man.

Hard to believe but true.

The problem is that he's so smart he seems to have a problem with simple things and plain ole common sense.

He's denied this for years but to be honest - I have proof.



The man CANNOT remember how to make coffee from one morning to the next.

The Island Girl opened the cabinet one day and asked why there were directions for making coffee on the inside of the cabinet and I explained that her father can't remember the procedure.

She wasn't surprised.

We got home from camping and as I was cleaning up our chuck wagon crate I saw this.



Seriously?

When asked, he told me that percolating coffee was different and he couldn't remember the coffee to water ratio for that so he wrote it down.

If I didn't know better I'd swear he was as dumb as a bag of rocks.

But he defended himself by giving me a half hour lecture about where coffee comes from, the coffee making process, blah blah blah.

So he can remember all of that but not how much coffee to put in the pot?

He makes me wonder if IQs aren't a little overrated.

Labels: