Views from the John T Brooks Bridge in Fort Walton Beach

The John T Brooks Bridge is one of the two bridges that connect Fort Walton Beach to Destin.


Brooks Bridge, as it's known to locals.

I often see people standing on top of the bridge taking pictures but as long as I've lived here I've never walked up there myself.

So I decided to change that and off to Fort Walton Beach I went.

I walked up the south side of the bridge first to get some shots of Okaloosa Island.




To the right is Fort Walton Beach and to the left is Okaloosa Island.

It's a hike from the closest parking but well worth it once you get to the top.






The body of water you see is the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway which runs from Brownsville, Texas to Carrabelle, Florida.

After a while I drove across the bridge and walked up the north side.




Fort Walton Beach is on your left and Okaloosa Island is on your right.


At this point the Intracoastal comes through Choctawhatchee Bay, which you can see in the distance.

It's really beautiful up there and I'm looking forward to going back for some sunset shots soon.

Labels: