Views from the William T Marler Bridge in Destin

I was coming home after taking pictures from the top of Brooks Bridge and decided to stop and walk to the top of the William T Marler Bridge, more commonly known as the Destin Bridge.


I walked up the North side first to get some pictures of Crab Island and Choctawhatchee Bay.








This side of the bridge doesn't have a concrete barrier between the walkway and the traffic lanes and since people driving over the bridge are usually paying more attention to the view than they are the road it was a little scary up there.

I snapped a few shots and then decided I'd rather be on the south side - where there is a concrete barrier.

The south side of the bridge faces East Pass and the Destin Harbor so it's always fascinating to stand up there and watch the boats coming in and out of the Harbor and the Pass.










I stayed for a while, snapping pictures and enjoying the boats but finally the heat got to me and I decided it was time to head for shade.

It's definitely an interesting place to watch the boats but I would recommend staying on the south side of the bridge. It feels a lot safer to me!

Labels: