The King-Criswell Plantation

I've mentioned before that when I was young I spent a lot of time at my Aunt and Uncle's farm in Uriah, Alabama.

Down the road from their farm was an old plantation house that caught my eye as a young girl and still fascinates me today.


I called the house Tara and would wander down the dirt road behind the house, stare about it and wonder about the stories the house had to tell.


My Aunt never had much to say about the house, except that it had been moved to that location back in the 1960s from "down near Lower Peach Tree."

The house was in serious disrepair back then and I never did see the inside or hear any stories about it.

This morning, my sister called to ask me about the house because she'd heard on a WABD out of Mobile that one of the morning guys was going to spend time in the house this weekend, exploring possible paranormal activity.

It turns out the Travel Channel's Dead Files did a segment on the old house and the new owners say it is haunted.


While I've always called this house Tara it's actual name is the King-Criswell Plantation. You can read about the history of the house here.

A haunted plantation? Maybe that's why I've always been drawn to it.

Labels: