Reflecting on the Old - Preparing for the New


Every year between Christmas and New Year’s Eve I like to step back and reflect on the year that is ending. 

I try to clear my head, let go of things that have been bothering me, think about what I could have done differently and pray for wisdom for the New Year.

This year, the Island King had a photo shoot out on Scenic Hwy 30A in South Walton County and while he was shooting I decided a walk on the beach would be the perfect setting for my end of the year pondering.

I walked down Spooky Lane – which isn’t spooky at all 



 And then out onto the beach.





I couldn’t have asked for better weather. The beaches here are even more beautiful in the winter and this was a particularly gorgeous day.


If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend taking some time alone, going to a favorite spot and reflecting a little.


Bring in the New Year with a renewed sense of purpose and faith. 

Labels: