Happy Mother's Day!


Dear Mom,

Happy Mother’s Day!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for being the best Mom I could ever ask for.

And I am so glad that I’m able to repay you for all you’ve done for me by granting your most desired wish.

Many times you cursed wished upon me a child that would be just like me.

Your curse wish has come true. I am the mother of not one but 2 teenagers and a tween and all of them can be just as hardheaded, obstinate and cranky as I can.

The interesting thing is that I’ve learned that your curse wish was actually the best blessing you could ever wish for me.

It’s challenging to parent people like me but the love and joy of having children who march to a different drummer is indescribable.  

And I know that even when you sigh in exasperation at something I say, you feel that same love and joy for me.

Thank you Mom. I love you!

Labels: