It's The Strawberry Patch

While we were in Baker the other day the Island King mentioned that he’s never explored the road by Tower Camp this far north and he wonders where it comes out.

I had just spent some time on Google Earth the night before and told him that the road comes out at the Strawberry Patch.

He smirked and told me that no the road he was talking about didn’t come out in Baker.

“Yes it does. It comes out at the Strawberry Patch.”

The road changes names between Tower Camp and the Strawberry Patch but it’s one long, straight road.

He didn’t believe me and insisted that maybe you could turn onto a road that would lead to our road somewhere down behind the strawberry patch but that wasn’t the road.

“Well, you just drive down that road Mr. Smarty Pants and we’ll see won’t we?”

So we turned onto the road the Strawberry Patch is on and he stopped the truck. He wanted me to take a picture of him in front of the strawberry sign so when he proved me wrong he could use it to torment me.


Knowing I was right and the picture would come back to haunt him I gladly jumped out and took his picture.

He got back in the truck and pointed to the street sign which proved that the name of this road is not the name of the road he’s looking for.

Again I explained to him that the road changes names but it’s the same road.

He rolled his eyes and told me that he’d gladly drive down this road to prove I was wrong.

It’s a long drive so we enjoyed the scenery but he was still convinced that we were not on the right road.

Until we came to the end of the pavement – and a street sign.

A sign telling us that we were on the same road but this part of the road has a different name.


The look on his face was priceless!

And because he’d made a big deal about having his picture taken by the strawberry sign, I took a picture of him under the street sign

 

Bwaaahaaaa!

I spent the rest of the day torturing him by saying things like “Hey, if you start at the strawberry patch and go south where will you end up?” and “If you take the road by Tower Camp north where will you come out?”

And then I sang Strawberry Fields Forever several times.

One of the funniest things is that when we got home that night he got on Google Earth and looked at the road because he still wasn’t sure I was right!

“Dude, you were driving the truck, we have your picture at one end of the road by the strawberry patch and at the other end of the road by the street sign. How much more proof do you need?”

He hates it when I’m right.

Labels: