Bear in the Road

For a very long time now I've wanted to see a bear in the wild. So much so that getting a good look at one is at the top of my bucket list.

Not a big ole grizzly bear, but a happy, non-people eating, Florida bear.

The odd thing is that I am surrounded by bears. Every single day there is an article in the newspaper about a bear in this neighborhood or that yard, I spend a lot of time in neighborhoods and the woods and all I've ever seen is bear tracks and bear poop.

My parents have one that shows up in their yard on occasion. Their YARD for Pete's sake.

And I can't find one no matter how hard I try.

The Island King and I were driving down 30A yesterday, when he slammed on the brakes and turned the truck around.

“What are you doing?”

I saw a bear in the road the other day and forgot to tell you but we just passed him again.

“What? Are you serious?”

We pulled into a parking lot and there he was – a bear in the road!

I hung out with him for a minute


Gave him a kiss


And then said goodbye.

The Island King is right. It's a bear in the road – and I got a good look at it. But
I won't be scratching this off my bucket list just yet.

Labels: