A Thanksgiving Adventure

I am about to embark on an adventure of epic proportion. An adventure that will either go really well or end in a complete disaster.

I've always dreamed of having Thanksgiving in a little cabin in the woods.

We have the woods but I have no idea when we'll get the cabin so a few weeks ago I got a wild hair and decided that we are having Thanksgiving at Tower Camp – even though we have no cabin.

The Island King actually thinks this is a good idea so he's on board with the plan.

We've invited his mom and her husband and a friend of the Island Girl's and her dad up for the day and we're having a Pioneer Thanksgiving with all of the traditional food. Well, traditional in our world – not the pioneer's world.

Which means we're cooking the turkey and dressing in the fire.

The Island King has all of the logistics on cooking the turkey worked out and I feel confident that making my dressing in a dutch oven will work.

Or not.

Everything else will be cooked on the camp stove and I'm baking a pie in the Coleman oven we have.

I've checked the weather and am thrilled to see that it's going to beautiful. Unfortunately it's going to be cold. REALLY COLD.

I do have a back up plan in place, both for the food and the cold.

If the food is an abysmal fail we can either roast hot dogs over the fire or we can leave the woods and find a restaurant in Crestview.

If we just can't handle the cold we will jump in the car and an hour later be home.

I have no idea how this is all going to turn out but damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead!

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Labels: