Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Recap

It feels like Christmas came and went SO fast this year. One minute it was Thanksgiving and the next it was Christmas Eve.


Having the crud for two weeks probably contributed to that but after a mad scramble all was done and we were ready for Christmas.

Christmas Eve we were on our way to my MIL's house when the tuck started making a really loud, really strange noise. So loud that people were staring at us as we drove down the road.

The Island King pulled into a parking lot and this is what we found.



That can't be good.

Luckily, we were only a few blocks from my MIL's house so we let the truck cool down for a bit and then limped it on to her house.

Both the Island King and I agreed that there isn't anything you can do about a broken vehicle on Christmas Eve so we put it out of our minds and enjoyed the day.



This niece hates to have her picture taken and almost every photo I have of her is blurry because she's always trying to get away from the camera. 


I have a son like that


Another niece has been a ham since the day she was born. 


I have another son who is unable to look at a camera without making a face


My MIL made this incredible blanket for my B&SIL. Notice the photobomber? I wasn't kidding about the ham thing. 



The Youngest Island Boy was blown away when he got a 22 rifle from his uncle. 



We're going to have to find a new setting for our family pictures - I think we have a million pictures of all of us sitting on the same couch.


The Island King put water in the truck and the noise from earlier stopped but now we had a new noise. It's a good thing we didn't have far to go to get home. We got home, parked the truck and will worry about that until after Christmas.

This year, for the first time ever, we opened our gifts on Christmas Eve.

We've always done the traditional Christmas morning thing but this year the Island King suggested we try it and it really worked out well. The kids got to play with their new stuff all evening and we didn't have to get up at dawn like we used to.




I can't believe my son is old enough to shave


A rat running around in a ball while you open presents is normal, right?


Which meant we were nice and rested for Christmas Day at my parent's house.

Where we opened gifts



Threw knives




And finished the day by blowing up a turkey.



Christmas may have snuck up on me this year but I sure did enjoy it!
Post a Comment