Sledding in a Trash Bag

Have you ever seen the State Farm commercial where the girl is telling the insurance guy that everything you read on the internet has to be true?

It turns out that everything you read on the internet is not true and I had to find that out the hard way.

When they closed the Destin Bridge due to ice and were letting people slide down it I did a quick search for improvised sleds.

I live on a barrier island – we don't do a lot of sledding here so when I read that you can put your body inside of a heavy duty trash bag and slide really well it sounded like a good idea.

So I took a trash bag to the top of the bridge, got in and got ready to slide.


But... nothing happened. The Oldest Island Boy gave me a push and still nothing.

I wallowed around up there like a big ole pig until I decided that it just wasn't going to happen – I wasn't sliding anywhere.


Until I tried to get out of the bag. That sucker went to slipping and sliding all over the place.

I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if it's a dumb idea that doesn't work.


Hopefully it doesn't work because I'd hate to think it was operator error. After all, how hard can it be to get in a trash bag?

Labels: