Mom's Birthday and a Great Shirt

Yesterday was my mother's birthday and she told us she didn't want a party. But she's Mom and this one had a zero behind it was one to be celebrated so we decided to throw her a small party anyway.

Dad told her he was taking her out to dinner but a few minutes before they left, my sister and I showed up with our families and food. My Incredible Aunt, and some of our favorite cousins came over and Dad cooked hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. That's Mom's favorite food so that's what we brought.

When we brought the cake out, Mom freaked that the bakery had actually written her age on her cake and then included 2 giant number candles.

My sister swears that she told the woman how old Mom was but that she wasn't supposed to put it on the cake.

I wish you could have heard the collective gasp from everyone when I took this picture.


All heads swung towards me and Mom said, “If you put that on FB I'll whoop your butt.”

She's serious.

A few minutes later she tells me that she has a t-shirt that I may like. Off we go to her closet where she pulls out this.



“Where did you get that?”

“I bought it but I only read the bottom part. I didn't see the word slut until I put it on this morning and looked in the mirror.”

HeeeeHeeeeee

Then she says “Take it, you'll wear it.”

Which would be insulting but I LOVE t-shirts that make people chuckle.

I was wearing this one when she showed me the Southern Ladies shirt.


And we all know this is one of my favorite shirts.


I happily took the shirt and will wear it somewhere inappropriate.


Happy Birthday, Mom – and thanks for the shirt!

Labels: