A Beautiful Day at the Beach - And Then...

Sunday, the Island King, the kids and I piled in our boat, my BIL, his family and my MIL piled in his boat and off we went to spend the day at the beach.

My BIL prefers a spot on the point at the beach on the west side of the Destin Bridge. It's a good spot and we spend a lot of time there.

We sat in the shade, snacked and spent a lot of time sitting in the water.













It was glorious.

Right up until the Island King yelled “Dookey!”

He was standing up near the edge of the beach while the rest of us were sitting farther out in the water and none of us really understood what he meant.

Until we got a good look at what he was seeing.



Seriously? A giant turd just came floating under our boat, right into the area we were sitting in.

We were across from Crab Island and a lot of people swear that place is one giant port-a-potty but this thing came from down the beach, not from across the channel.

I just don't know what to say. I'm old and I have NEVER seen that happen.

I have always been a firm believer in the healing powers of salt water. Got a cut? Sinuses clogged?

Go Swimming!

But now this has happened.




A saltwater bath – in the tub – may be a better solution.

Labels: