Kitty Hawk Kites Kite Festival

The official First Day of Autumn was a few days ago but you'd never know summer was “over” around here.

Saturday the Island Girl and I decided to go down to the bridge and spend some time on the beach.

It was a gorgeous day and was only about 85 – which is MUCH better than a month ago when it was 95 during the day.

The sun was shining, the water was spectacularly green and the boiled peanut boat came by. You just can't ask for more.







We sat and just enjoyed being at the beach for a while and then I spotted a bunch of kites down around the point.



It turns out they were having the Kitty Hawk Kites Kite Festival on the other side of the Pass.



We stayed for a couple of hours before heading home.

It was odd getting back into my truck because I have Tower Camp stuff – which is winter stuff – in the very back and then I have beach stuff – which is summer stuff – in the back seat.


I really do love Florida in the Fall – we get to enjoy winter and summer at the same time.



Labels: