Happy New Year

Last night was possibly the best New Year's Eve I've ever had.

We'd planned to go to Baytown Wharf and enjoy the festivities and fireworks but the rain put an end to that idea.

So we planned our own festivities – which began with a trip to the fireworks tent in front of the grocery store.



Yes, it was monsooning out but I didn't care. I was determined to have some kind of fireworks display at midnight, whether it was raining or not.


Then we gathered all of the kids, made snacks, broke out the Wii, and played games for most of the night.


None of them seemed excited about the idea of playing Wii games with their parents but it didn't take long for them to get in the spirit of things and they all seemed to enjoy themselves.












Eleven thirty came and it was still raining but damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead – we're lighting fireworks in the rain.

We could see some of the higher fireworks Harborwalk set off in the Pass over the tops of the trees so I guess we could have gone down there to see them but watching our own little display was more fun.



 
I don't think the neighbors were too upset with our little fireworks show but the megaphone our “other son, B” got for Christmas? Not so much.


They probably aren't thrilled with the Oldest Island Boy's screaming goat impression either but it cracks me up every time he does it.


We rang in the New Year with family, fun and fireworks – which in my opinion is the best way to go.

I hope each of you has a blessed and wonderful 2016!


































Labels: