Am I on a Watch List Now?

Last night the Youngest Island Boy and I ran up to the Circle K for some ice cream.

As we pulled up to store we see about 7 police cars, a couple of guys handcuffed and sitting on the curb and a LOT of guys wearing SWAT type vests.

We parked away from the hullabaloo and the Youngest ran into the store.

While he was gone I was watching whatever it was going on across the parking lot and when the Youngest got back in the truck he said the clerk told him that some guys agreed to meet an undercover cop at the store and sell him some guns. I don't know if that's the real story but whatever the story is – those guys were in BIG trouble.

Holy cow! Destin might be a major tourists destination but during the off season we're just a quiet little town and the idea of a gun deal going down at the corner store is scary.

The Youngest asked if we could sit and watch for a minute so I told him yes.

They brought a K9 out to search the truck the handcuffed guys were sitting next to and more and more deputies kept pulling in.

A few minutes later I see an investigator walking over towards my truck. I wasn't parked illegally and I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong but there he was, walking right towards the truck.

But instead of walking up to the window - which was down so we could hear – he walked behind my truck and started writing down my tag number.

I really wanted to get out and ask what he was doing but I was in my pajamas so I stayed put, expecting him to come to the window when he finished writing down my tag number.

But he didn't. He walked back to his car and I saw him run my tag number on his computer.

Obviously he found nothing so he didn't bother to come back over to us but I kept wondering why he'd written my tag number down.

The Youngest suggested that maybe the investigator thought we might be part of what was going on.

Seriously? Are people really that stupid?

If I had anything at all to do with whatever was happening I sure as hell wouldn't have pulled in and parked .

Not long after, they started putting the handcuffed guys in cruisers so we headed home.

And now, according to the Youngest, my truck is probably on some kind of watch list – all because he wanted to watch what was going on.

Luckily, I don't deal drugs or guns but I am known for having a lead foot so I guess I'll have to be extra vigilant driving around town.

I wonder how many times I'll got stopped now that my tag number is possibly on a watch list somewhere?


This should be interesting.