The Voices in my Head

I spent 10 days at my cousin's house pet sitting for her and to be honest I thought I was losing my mind.

Every once in a while I'd hear voices, very quiet, but still someone was talking. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I could most definitely hear them.

The first time it happened I started watching Shit Bird to see if it was him mumbling under his breath but he wasn't.

I shrugged it off to noisy neighbors but one night I heard the voices so I walked outside and couldn't hear them anymore.

Hmmm.

The tv was off, the computer was off, and it wasn't the neighbors or the bird.

I tried to put it out of my mind but seriously, hearing voices was really starting to freak me out. I've met people who hear voices but they've either been wearing a tin foil hat or just let out of a psych ward.

I really started paying attention and noticed that it only happened inside her house.

Is the house haunted? I didn't get any bad vibes from the house and the voices weren't menacing or scary, in fact they didn't even sound like what I would assume ghostly voices sound like.

But I was definitely hearing them and by about the 5th day I was hoping they were ghosts because if they weren't I was undeniably having a mental health issue.

People have called me crazy for years but this was WAY past that.

And then, on my last day there, I was straightening the house and saw this.


Somehow while I was messing with the tv remote the first day I got there, I turned the radio on. It was on talk radio and turned down real low.


You have no idea the relief I felt.

I can deal with crazy but voices in my head? That's a whole different level!