Mistaken Identity

The Youngest Island Boy started dating a girl not too long ago and it didn't take long to figure out that this girl is Bat Sh$t Crazy.

I'm not being mean or judgmental but I know crazy when I see it and she is full blown, boil your bunny, crazy.

They dated for a few weeks and then she pulled some seriously bad stuff that really hurt his feelings. He broke up with her and we told him that under NO circumstances was he allowed to EVER see her again.

Well, last night I had to go pick him up from work. He works in a really busy place surrounded by lots of other busy places so we have a designated spot to pick him up.

I pulled up and there, standing on the curb, was a guy and a girl. AND the girl looked just like the crazy one.

I was absolutely stunned that the Youngest would be standing there with her.

I pulled up to the curb in front of them and they both stood there looking at me.

I sat there looking at them, deciding if I was going to get out of the car and rip her a new one for the stuff she pulled on him when they started walking up to the car.

It was about then I realized that the guy had short hair.

The Youngest has long hair and I was so thrown at seeing the girl that I thought “When did he cut his hair?”

My brain was misfiring left and right and then I had a moment of clarity.

I took him to work and he had long hair. I knew he didn't cut it at work and as the guy reached out to grab the car door handle, I realized he wasn't the Youngest and the girl wasn't the crazy one.

So just as the guy went to open the car door I sped off.

As I'm driving away I see the Youngest in my rear view mirror chasing me through the parking lot.

He'd been standing a few feet away from the couple and saw the whole thing.

I stopped and when he got in he was laughing so hard he could barely talk and wanted to know what had just happened.

I told him I thought the girl was his crazy ex and that I was so shocked to see her that it took me a minute to realize it wasn't her or the Youngest.

He said that when I drove off the guy looked at the girl and said “What in the hell is wrong with our Uber driver?”

We both had a really good laugh but then he told me that he thought it was weird that I'd think he would have anything else to do with the girl.

I explained to him that it was that very thing that threw me in the parking lot and that my brain completely shut down for a minute.

I'm glad it wasn't her but I'm especially glad I didn't let those people in my car, thinking I was their Uber.


That would have been a really uncomfortable conversation. 

Labels: