Christmas Eve

My sister and her family went to New Orleans for Christmas Eve so we planned to have Christmas at her house on the day after Christmas.

I got to thinking about Christmas Eve and decided it's been years since we spent the holiday with just my parents so I suggested they come over and spend the day with us.

I haven't hosted a holiday since the Thanksgiving we ate dessert first and I forgot how much work hosting involves.

The kids got busy getting the house clean, I cooked a major traditional meal and the Island King was in charge of making sure I didn't stress out – which is actually the hardest job of all.

I don't know why I was stressed. Only my parents were coming and they don't judge me so if the house wasn't perfect or the meal didn't turn out like I wanted it to they wouldn't care.

Luckily, Christmas Eve morning came and I realized that the only thing that mattered was us spending time together and that if the meal wasn't good or the dog dragged the table cloth off the table it would be ok.

And it was.

They came over around noon, the Island King finished up in the kitchen while Dad and I watched the Saints game and Mom and the kids visited.


My sister was actually in the Superdome watching the game and since we had to pause the game several times, Dad sent her a text telling her not to send any texts or pictures until he called her so that we'd have no spoilers.

We opened presents and my Mom got a nerf gun. My Dad is a bear poker so I decided she needs a nerf gun to shoot him with. She thought it was great - him not so much.


I don't know why but the Youngest Island Boy wanted tye-dyed clothes so that's what he got.



We teased him a little and he could care less. He likes them.

The Oldest stayed with his usual non flashy but cool clothing.


And everything makes the Island Girl happy.


The day was wonderful, the food was good and the Saints won the game.




We are truly blessed. 

Labels: