Pensacola's Graffiti Bridge Art

My sister sent me a text before Christmas asking which was my favorite – a dolphin, mermaid's tail, sea horse or manatee.

I immediately answered dolphin.

A few minutes later she sent another text telling me to pick another one.

Ok. It was a toss up between a manatee and a seahorse but I went with the seahorse.

Time went by and I forgot all about it but then on Christmas my sister handed me a gift.

She sat down and said “I need to explain what it is when you open it.”

That comment made me a little nervous so I cautiously opened the box and was pleasantly surprised to find this.


An absolutely gorgeous seahorse necklace.

Before I could ask what needed explaining she told me that this necklace is made from paint chips off the Graffiti Bridge.

She found a group of artists in Pensacola and what they do is collect paint chips from the bridge and then through a process they turn the paint chips into incredible jewelry.

Once the art is made the artists sell them in different shops around town. This one came from Angel's Garden. 

My sister said that when she sent me the text asking what sea creature I liked she didn't realize they were out of dolphins. Luckily they did have a seahorse.

I am so in love with this necklace. Not only is it beautiful but it's made from small pieces of Pensacola's history.

Thank you so much KD – I love it!!!

Labels: