Let's Go See Santa

Friday night we decided to take the kids to visit Santa and then wander around Destin Commons for a while to soak up some Christmas cheer.

Like last year, Santa was at the happiest place on earth.


Some women might prefer Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's but for me, Bass Pro Shop is the best store on the planet. Forget Dolce & Gabbana, I'll take Cabellas any day LOL

Santa was in his own little Winter Wonderland

And the boys were really excited to see him.


The Oldest Island Boy got comfortable and if someone else hadn't come up to see Santa I think he would have stayed all night.

In contrast to his sister who refused to have her picture taken with Santa even though her Mother threatened to take all of her presents back.

She didn't believe me.

After visiting with Santa the boys spent some time in the shooting range.


It's too bad those weren't real turkeys because they hit every one.

The Island King was in rare form and became instant friends with the Nutcracker.


Once we'd looked at everything it was time to brave the cold and go out into the Commons.

They have an enormous tree in the center that we were aiming for


But we had to make a stop in the toy store.

Like I said earlier, the Island King was in rare form and while we were in the toy store I heard him calling me and found this.


The Youngest Island Boy suggested we get those glasses for him as a gag gift but the Island Girl chimed in and said "Are you kidding? If we buy those for him he'll wear them!"

She's right and he won't be getting any of those LOL

We made it to the tree

And amazingly all 3 of my children smiled for a picture.

Christmas really is a magical time of year because getting the three of them to all smile at once is as rare as spotting a unicorn.

They have a beautiful Norman Rockwell display that I always enjoy looking at. I love his work and could look at it for hours.


But it was cold and we were starting to feel like Popsicles so we headed back towards the car.

As we were walking along the Island King said "Ya'll wait here, there's something I've always wanted to do and I'm going to do it now."

Which scared us a little because you just never know what he's thinking.

And suddenly he appeared in a store window, posing with the mannequins.


He stood there for quite a while and several people stopped to see what he was doing. He never moved and I heard one woman say "I'm pretty sure that's not a mannequin and if it is they really messed up when they were dressing that one."

We laughed all the way home and then finished the night in front of the fire watching A Christmas Story.

It was a great night and I hope we get to do it again next year.

Labels: