Swimming at Bone Creek

After we left Tower Camp the day we took the Island Girl shooting we decided we'd go over to Bone Creek and cool off.

This park is so pretty but I'm not a big fan of swimming in ponds.


We've had a of rain lately so the pond is a little on the dirty side which didn't help my not wanting to go in. And I'm not a fan of water that doesn't move.



Rivers and creeks are totally different and I don't mind them – if I can see the bottom.

The Island King and his daughter called me chicken repeatedly but I'm not one to give in to peer pressure and their taunts did not deter me.

They had no problem running and jumping off the end of the dock but I decided I'd hang in the kiddy pool.



See, I got in the pond. I just didn't swim out in the still, dark water.


They played in the water, which he said was at least 95 degrees as far down as 6 feet.

The Island King did his version of the Hillbilly Plunge



But they didn't want to swim long because the water was more like a hot tub than a refreshing creek.


And we had a quick picnic on one of the tables in the shade.


But it wasn't too long before the salt water in our veins started calling and we decided it was time to head back to the beach.



I have issues with snakes in dark pond water but sharks in salt water at sunset? Not a problem.

Labels: